To succeed in the Digital age, printing and packaging firms need to significantly enhance process efficiencies and distribution capabilities, while optimizing costs.
Clients partner with ITC Infotech to lower lead times and increase performance with our innovative and integrated industry specific enterprise solution. Based on an SAP platform, our solutions help printing and packaging business reduce cost overheads significantly on services like delivery and transportation, packaging, barcode traceability inventory management and raw material management.
With increasing competition from low-cost providers, the Printing & packaging industry is faced with the challenges of shrinking profit margins, escalating raw material costs and shorter fluctuating demand cycles. The industry needs to innovate rapidly to deliver quality products with lower lead times.
In an increasingly globalized world, companies also need to establish effective international distribution channels for different product variants through a streamlined, responsive and flexible supply chain.
Clients leverage our printing and packaging solution – based on an SAP platform and tailored by our partnership with Dr. Lauterbach and Partners GmbH (LP). LP ‘Packaging Business Solution’ features flexible pre-configured SAP ERP applications based on LP’s best practices and amended by industry-specific LP solution components.
ITC Infotech possesses deep domain knowledge of the integrated paper & packaging industry, owing to parent company ITC Ltd’s diversified presence across industries. ITC’s Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division is India’s largest, technologically advanced and most eco-friendly, paper and paperboards business. The business caters to a wide spectrum of packaging, graphic, communication, writing, printing and specialty paper requirements through multiple world-class manufacturing units.
Highlights of ITC Infotech industry specific solutions:
- Complete integration of product development projects with material management, controlling and financial accounting with quotation delivery using real-time data.
- Automatic machine and performance calculation using performance catalogs
- Production related calculation of quantities of all raw materials, auxiliary materials and semi-finished goods, as well as costs for external procurement
- Automatic creation of digital job tickets or production papers, including all required information such as specification documents, start and end dates, quantities, waste, components, work centers and operation details
- Multiple freight and warehouse cost calculations
- Handling unit generation with barcode for traceability
- Integration of handheld devices for tracking for warehouse management
- SAP ERP interface with EskoArtwork ArtiosCAD for a seamless integration of structural design and automated sheet layouting with development project management, product data management and quotation costing
- JDF integration of EskoArtwork backstage WorkflowServer with LP packaging for bidirectional data exchange and status monitoring of prepress jobs with the digital prepress workflow
- Enhanced workflow integration through effective integration with back-end information system and shop floor printing machine system
- Seamless adaptability to meet future business needs
- Accelerate speed to sustained value