Digital Farmer Engagement Platforms can help Agribusinesses connect with farmers to enable them to enhance their yields and incomes in a sustainable manner. Such platform facilitates to reach farmers individually to provide personalized, contextualized information and crop advisory. It enable small farmers connect with host of service providers digitally. With access to digital engagement platforms Small Farmers become smart. They can take advantage of precision farming tools.
ITC Infotech built the solution by leveraging advances in technologies like GPS, mobile, cloud, analytics. It comprises of a mobile interface for farmers, field assistants, web admin console for system admins, managers, cloud based platform to configure the mobile and web interfaces.
Built by INNOVATION LAB it is a prebuilt solution accelerator consisting of reusable components including Architecture, Design, Xamarin based mobile app, Cloud ready microservices, SQL Databases, Azure Functions, Web Front end for Admin. Built and refined over last four years by technologists working closely with agronomists and farmers.
- Farmer Forums: Connecting farming community among themselves and with the service providers
- Crop Advisory: Providing agriculture best practices and support in managing farming activities
- Crop Monitoring: Comprehensive tracking of crop progress by capturing information about different crop stages and activities
- Market Place: Providing direct access to agricultural products and services
- More than 100,000 farmers are registered on the e-Choupal 4.0 platform of the Agri-Business Division of ITC Ltd, powered by Digital Farming Solution
- Farmers participating in the Integrated Chilli Crop Development Program achieved improved productivity of 12.8% and 31.1% in net returns