DxP Services supports a leading name in motor racing to help them get fast and up-to-date information on components to their teams that are around the world. We have upgraded their highly customized on-premise Windchill and ThingWorx solution to the latest supported version.
- Customer’s on-premise systems were highly customized
- 700 users (mix of CAD and non-CAD)
- Old customizations were obsolete or superceded by Windchill OOTB (Out of the Box) functionality
- An Upgrade to the latest supported version was required, which would ensure communication with all external systems
- Windchill 12.0.2 installation and configuration on all environments
- Run Windchill upgrade procedure 3 times:
– Dev upgrade + customization porting
– Test/quality upgrade + UAT
– Production upgrade
- ThingWorks 9.2 installation and configuration, and Custom app porting
- Support during UAT
- System tuning for performance
Key Results and Benefits
Upgraded system up and running, integrated with all external systems, supporting hundreds of users and millions of documents
The move to supported Windchill and ThingWorx version enables new features for future processes/developments
Old customizations completely
About DxP Services
DxP Services is an ITC Infotech specialized business unit focused on the implementation and adoption of PTC’s industry-leading Windchill®, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, as well as Cloud and Windchill+® SaaS offerings. Created through the acquisition of PTC’s PLM implementation services division, DxP Services is the largest global PTC PLM ecosystem. The combination of PTC Heritage and ITC Infotech Power means that DxP Services is uniquely positioned to help accelerate customers’ digital transformation initiatives.
Our portfolio of services augments value at every step of Modern Industrial Evolution; covering Consulting, Implementation, Deployment, and Migration. DxP Services’ team of PLM Professionals are trusted advisors to our Customers during their Digital Transformation.