The customer is the second largest mortgage service provider and sixth largest bank in the UK. The bank is part of the top 10 banking groups in the world and the group is ranked amongst the Fortune 100 companies. ITC Infotech operates a dedicated offshore development center (ODC) for the customer since last 6 years.
Due to business reasons, the customer wanted to relocate the pension's application from one city to another city. The wanted to develop and implement the legacy application using J2EE on WebSphere, simultaneously moving the database to an IBM DB2 on OS/390 platform.
ITC Infotech was chosen by the customer for this project due to the good understanding of delivery processes, competitive pricing and flexibility offered for the engagement.
How We Helped
ITC Infotech took over the development project in an onsite and offshore model on a fixed pricing model. In a full life cycle development model, ITC Infotech provided end-to-end services ranging from requirements gathering to implementation and support.
The key challenges managed by ITC Infotech include:
- Gathering complete information on the legacy application without proper documentation
- Understanding existing application code on UNISYS for movement into the IBM mainframe environment with 100% accuracy and zero availability of documentation
ITC Infotech has delivered following business benefits for the customer through this project:
- Savings generated for the customer in the outsourced areas of operation are in excess of 44%
- The migrated application is accessible through intranet, making it accessible easily across the organization for real-time reporting
- Migration to contemporary technologies has also increased the application availability and reduced the maintenance cost
- Significant reduction in the time required for user acceptance testing due to the high quality of delivery, delivering added value to the customer
"We have been very impressed with the high standard of the product delivered which has resulted in a relatively short UAT period for ANFIS"
- Business Team Leader